How to go about Pinterest Sign up – A lot of people are yet to know about Pinterest Sign up while those who know about are yet to sign up on Pinterest. on this article, I will be taking you through Pinterest Sign up for mobile and desktop devices, Pinterest log in and more. There are lots of features on the Pinterest platform to explore.
Pinterest Sign up for Mobile
- Tap open Pinterest. The white “P” on a red background
- Click “Sign up with Email”, this is the red button near the bottom of the screen
You can also click on “Continue with Facebook” to use your Facebook account details to log in.
- Enter in your Email address. Note, this should be a working email address to which you have the credentials.
- Click “Next”, which is at the bottom of the page
- Enter in a Password. Let it be a different password than the one you use for your email account
- Click “Next”
- Enter in your name, by entering in your first and last name
- Click “Next”
- Enter in your age. You will not need to fill in your birth date
- Click “Next”
- Click on “Gender”. If you click the “Custom” option, you will be required to enter your preferred gender affiliation when prompted
- Click “Done”
- Click at least five topics. The topics you choose on this page will determine the content you see in your feed later
- Click “Next”, this is at the top-right corner of the screen. Pinterest will start building your profile depending on your selected interest
Pinterest Signing Up on Desktop
- Visit the Pinterest website, this is located at https://www.pinterest.com
- Fill in your email address and a preferred password. This should be done in the “Email” and “Create a password” fields provided in the middle of the page
You can also tap “Continue” as (Name) to make use of your Facebook information to sign up if you wish
- Tap “Continue”, which is the red button below the “Create a password” field
- Fill in your profile information
- Full name – First and last name
- Age – Fill in your current age (not your birth date)
- Gender – Tap the button close “Male”, “Female”, or “Custom”. If you choose a custom gender, you will be required to fill in your preferred gender name
- Tap “Sign Up”. Doing this will create your account.
- Tap “Skip for now”. This is on the left side of the mobile app page.
- Tap at least five topics, topics selected on this page, will determine the content you see in your feed later.
- Tap “ Done”. Pinterest will start building on your profile depending on your chosen interests.
Logging in to Pinterest using a Pinterest Account
- Tap open Pinterest. This is the red icon with a white “P”, if the Pinterest app has been installed already, you will locate it on your home screen or in the app drawer.
In case you don’t have the Pinterest app, you can download it free from the play store.
- Enter your email address into the box
- Click “Continue”
- Fill in your Pinterest password
- Click Log in
Logging into Pinterest Using Facebook
- Tap open the Pinterest app. This is the app with a red icon with a white “P”. If the Pinterest app has already been installed, you will locate it on your home screen or in the app drawer.
If you do not have the Pinterest app, download it free from the Play Store.
- Click continue with Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook account, you will only be required to do this, if you’re not already logged into Facebook on your Android. A message will be displayed stating that Pinterest can now access your Facebook information
You can change what information Pinterest can access by tapping “Edit This”
- Click “Continue”. You are now logged into Pinterest with your Facebook account
Logging into Pinterest using a Google Account
- Tap open Pinterest. This is the app with the red icon with the white “P”. If the Pinterest app has already been installed, you will find it on your home screen or in the app drawer.
In case you do not have the Pinterest app, download it free from the Play Store
- Click “Continue” with Google
- Choose a Google account, by tapping on your Google account, or Add account to use a Google account that’s not connected with your Android. Once you’re done tap “OK”
- Click “Allow”. This enables Pinterest to access your age, language, and basic profile information from your Google account. Once this permission is allowed, you’ll be logged in to Pinterest.