To get started on creating a Facebook Ad campaign, select the Ads manager tool from the top-left corner of your screen. Thereafter, tap on the green “Create Ad” button in the top-right side of the page.
Let’s get started on how you can set up a Facebook Ad campaign.
- The first step requires you choosing your campaign objective.
The complete list of Facebook campaign objectives available in the Ads Manager includes;
- Brand awareness
- Local awareness
- All installs
- Video views
- Lead generation
- Product catalog sales
- Store visits
How to Choose your Campaign Objective?
Facebook is particular about your campaign’s goals, i.e. objective, because this what determines the campaign’s ad formats, biding options, and auto-optimization.
Thus intimating Facebook on your goal, can auto-optimize your ads to deliver you more results.
However it is advised that you always choose the campaign objective that reflects on your end goal. Most often, it’s conversions. If your campaign’s ultimate goal is to increase brand awareness, choose the “Brand awareness” objective.
- Name your Ad campaign, because your ad campaign name tells it all. Thus when naming your Facebook ad campaign, don’t forget to add the date range, because this enable you easily navigate between your campaigns later.
- Set up the Audience Targeting by;
- Creating a new Facebook target audience
- Using a saved audience
Custom Audiences that you’ve previously created in the Audience Manager can also be selected. ( Note, you can’t create new Custom Audiences in the campaign creation phase. This can only be created first in the Audience Manager)
Note; Setting up the right Facebook target audience is paramount for the final results of your advertising
- This step requires your Ad placement set up.
Facebook ads appears in multiple places, including;
- Facebook News Feeds (Mobile and Desktop)
- Facebook Right-Hand column
- Audience Network
- Instant Articles
- In-Stream Video
This phase of your campaign setup offers two options; you can either choose the Automatic Placement or configure your ad campaign so that your ads are only shown in some “real estates” of Facebook’s advertising network.
How to select your Facebook ad placements?
It is recommended that you use the Automatic Placements, if you are setting up your first campaign.
If you are however trying to get people convert on your website, and it’s difficult to scroll on mobile, you can de-select the Mobile Newsfeed, Instagram and Audience Network Placements.
The following are the ad placements recommended by Facebook for every campaign objective;
- Brand awareness: Facebook and Instagram
- Engagement: Facebook and Instagram
- Video views: Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network
- App installs: Facebook, Instagram and Audience Network
- Traffic: ( for websites clicks and app engagements): Facebook and Audience Network
- Product catalog sales: Facebook and Audience Network
- Conversions: Facebook and Audience Network
- This is now the time to set up your campaign budget and budding and this is very important.
- Lastly, choose your preferred Facebook ad type, and insert your ad images and copy.
Existing Facebook page post can either be selected or new ads created.