Google Assistant is a virtual personal assistant that can engage in a two-way conversation opposed to Google Now. It’s developed and managed by Google since it was announced at a developer conference in May 2016.
Started as part of Google’s messaging app “Allo” and a period of sole use on Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones, it was later deployed to other Android devices early 2017. Yet the Assistant is still being stretched for extended support to a large variety of devices, including smart home appliances and cars. And third-party developers have taken the job of enhancing the functionality of the Assistant.
You can interact with the Google Assistant through natural voice or keyboard which is also similar to Google Now. The Assistant can search the Internet, adjust hardware settings, schedule events, and alarms, and show information from the user’s Google account. With incoming support for identifying objects, giving visual information, purchasing of products, and sending of money.
How to Enable Google Assistant through Beta Apps
To enable Google Assistant on your device is through the beta version. The beta version referred to here is for Google play services and Google app. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Google
- Tap on the menu button
- Tap on “Help & Feedback“.
- In the “Help” page,
- Tap on the menu button
- Tap “View in Google Play Store“
- Scroll down and tap on “I’m in” button in “Become a beta tester” section.
- Tap on “Join“, and the beta signup process will begin
- When done, search for the Google app from Play Store and sign up too for its beta program
- When the sign up process is complete, wait a few minutes, open the Play Store again
- Head to “My apps & games” and go to “Beta” tab, to update Google and Google Play Services.
- When update is complete, head to Settings, then Apps
- Go to Google->Storage->Manage Space and click on “Clear All Data“.
- Return to Google Play Services. Tap on “Manage Space” and “Clear All Data“.
- Launch the Google app, follow onscreen instructions to finish set up
- Once done, the familiar Google page will be displayed. Open the menu and tap on “Settings“.
- You will find the Google Assistant settings, tap on it. And the setup window will pop-up.
- Tap on “Continue”
- Press and hold the home button to activate the Google Assistant feature.
If this method doesn’t work, try installing the beta versions of the Google app and Google Play Services through APK files.
With Google Assistant You Can
- Ask about anything.
- Instruct it to do any number of things
- Get help around the house, mostly with Google Home
- Find answers on the go about diversified topics
- Ensure you keep to your plans with friends using the reminder option
- Have your Assistant work with your favourite hobbies, too.
- It is safe, secure and all in your control.
Remember you choose what to share with your Google Assistant, whether on Google Allo or Home. You can also stay in control of the information you share when you ask your Assistant to help with other services. You can also delete and manage past conversations with the Assistant at any time.