Facebook Blogging enables you to write posts and entries about your life, hobbies, opinions, and other topics of interest to you.
Facebook does not currently feature a blogging platform for its users but users can still share blog entries on Facebook by posting blog links into their update status, using the Notes feature of Facebook, or using third-party applications (apps) which enables your blog entries to be instantly posted to Facebook upon publication.
Facebook Blogging – How to Blog on Facebook
Update Status Method
- Visit the update status section of your Facebook page.
Tap on either the “Home” or “Profile” links in the upper-right corner of your open Facebook Session. You will respectively be redirected to your News Feed or Wall pages and the “Update Status” box which is located at the top of your session.
- Post a link to your blog content in your profile’s Update Status.
- Visit your blog and copy the link of the blog entry you want posted to Facebook.
- Head back to Facebook, and paste the link to your blog entry within the Update Status box. Thereafter you will be presented with the option to publish a picture, or “thumbnail” for your blog entry on Facebook
- Tap on the “Post” tab, and your Facebook friends can now see your blog link within their News Feed
Notes Feature of Facebook Blogging
- This Notes feature enables you to paste your blog content into a notepad, then format your text using bullets, numbered lists, bold and italic formats, and more.
- Tap on the “Notes” link on the left side of your Facebook session either from your “Home” or “Profile” pages
- Using the Notes feature, publish a blog entry:
- Tap on the “Write a Note” tab to access a blank notepad page
- Write or paste your blog content onto the blank page, and thereafter, format the text according to your taste.
- Tap on the “Publish” button to publish your blog content on Facebook. Your friends can thereafter gain access to the blog from the Notes section when they go thru your profile.
Third Party Apps
- Look for Facebook apps that instantly publish your blog content. Apps have been designed that enables your blog entries to post instantly to Facebook at the time of their publication
- Head to the search bar at the top of your open Facebook session.
- Fill in Keywords such as “blog feed” or “link to blog” to search a number of different apps related to blogging and Facebook.
- Add a third party app to your Facebook profile. Before you embark on adding a third-party app to your Facebook profile, you must go thru the terms and conditions put in place by the developer of the app in question.
- Tap on “Go to App” to the right of any app you require integrated with your Facebook profile
- Go thru the “About this App” or “Request for Permission” sections. Often times, a list of information the app will have access to form your personal profile once the app has been officially added to your profile will be presented to you.
- Tap on the “Allow” tab to complete the addition of the app to your Facebook profile
- You can now use the app to publish your blog content. This depends on the app you add, you may be prompted for information about your blog to enable Facebook to update your friends with links to your published blog content.
- Fill in the web address for your blog and other information as required by the app. Your blog content will now be posted to Facebook instantly whenever a new content is written.