ebay.com is an e-commerce platform that allows for consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales practices online. With the headquarters in San Jose, ebay.inc is today known as a SUCCESS story and a multibillion-dollar corporation that runs in over 30 countries. The eBay.inc manages ebay.com
WHAT EBAY OFFERS
If you happen to be familiar with the name ebay.com is an online shopping website where consumers and businesses buy and sell a variety of goods and services on a worldwide scale. Bringing with it an “auction + buy it now” feature, online classified advertisements, online event ticket trading plus loads of other services. Ebay.com is a free to use website for buyers but sellers pay for listing and a commission for when items are sold.
Below is a list of what eBay offers on their platform
- Get anything you wish to buy at prices far better than you can get anywhere else.
- Sell anything you want to get rid of on a global scale to people who will need it more.
- Get unlimited access to place a listing for any and every item and they will be sold.
- The best platform for buyer to seller and seller to buyer third party transactions
- Window shop on items you might be needing sooner or comparison shop to get the best deals
- Free for buyers and available for sellers all year round
- Get full price specifications on real market value or street value for an item.
- If you are into collectibles, then ebay.com is the right place to be for the best selection from the world.
- All business discussion can be done virtually, no need to leave your location.
Become an ebay member for free and if you have to list any item for sale you can do so at a minimal charge plus payment of listing charge is done after sales.
Put simply, eBay is the world’s largest place to buy and sell to a community of hundreds of millions of people, businesses, and even notable companies from all over the seven continents. Making available to its users, millions of items in different shapes, sizes and conditions for prices ranging from one cent to millions of dollars (or pounds, or other forms of currency).
Concerns are raised solely on the policy that requires the use of PayPal for all payments and we all know what the fraud system of PayPal is like. If I have to push huge amounts of money around the world, it really shouldn’t be PayPal.
Then there is also the concern about forgery and property violation on items being auctioned. Concerns of negative reviews after sales and payment of taxes by the company itself also came into play.
The company once made known to the entire public about customer details database has been breached. This report was made in 2014 and this database was stipulated to have details on usernames, phone numbers, passwords, and physical addresses. The company duly asked users to change their passwords as a way to curb the issue back then.