Apple AirPods – it’s magic and weakness
Apple recently joined the growing list of phone makers that are eliminating the headphone jack starting with the production of iPhone 7. Apple AirPods presents Simplicity and technology, together like never before. Perfectly built with superior technology that is simply elegant and slick.
The magic of the Apple AirPods
1. Easy to use: After a simple one-tap setup, AirPods are automatically on and always connected. They can sense when they’re in your ears and pause when you take them out. And the AirPods experience is just as amazing whether you’re listening to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac.
2. Highly intelligent and efficient:
a) Knows when you’re talking; the AirPod comes with a voice accelerometer that recognizes when you’re speaking and it uses a pair of beam-forming microphones to filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
b) Knows when you’re listening: the AirPod comes with Optical sensors and motion accelerometers which automatically controls the audio and enable AirPods to play sound as soon as they’re in your ears.
- Seamless connection: The Apple AirPods connect automatically with all your Apple devices including Apple Watch, and sound switches instantly between the devices. Just choose AirPods on those devices and it’ll automatically connect.
- Highly efficient 24‑hour battery life: The AirPods comes with a highly efficient battery which can go as far as 5 hours of listening on one charge. And it also comes with a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time. With just 15 minutes in thecase you get 3 hours of listening time.
The Downside of the Apple AirPods
- Prone to being dropped: Despite its ability to stay intact, users have frequently complained that the headphone set is more susceptible to getting lost.
- Comes with some unnecessary hassles: The Apple AirPods have no volume controls, no Next/Previous Song buttons. If you want to adjust the volume or skip tracks, you have to use your phone—or speak to Siri and as expected, neither is always convenient. So yeah, it comes with some unnecessary hassles you might not have before.
- Pricey: At an exorbitant retail price of $159 USD, the AirPods simply too costly and in my opinion, not worth it.
Finally, the need to charge the earphone every five hours of listening in no way pleases.
The Apple AirPods would definitely be a hit for the Apple-loving audiophile. The smart earphones offer a ton of convenience for the user, from the hands-free use of Siri to turning on the sounds as you place the earphones in your ear. You enjoy all this, as long as the earphones are properly secured.
However, the average user may be better off just sticking to regular wireless earphones or headphones, $169 (plus $15 for the official strap) is a bit too exorbitant if you don’t expect to keep your earphones plugged in all the time.
Aside from these few hitches, the Apple AirPods offers ridiculous amounts of cool technology packed into a ridiculously tiny space. It’s nice to see some of the old Apple magic back.